The following information is provided in response to 34 C.F.R. Part 106.8 of the 2020 Title IX Regulations, mandating notice of a nondiscrimination policy and adoption and publication of grievance procedures that provide for the prompt and equitable resolution of student and employee complaints.
- In accordance with Title IX, the District does not, and is required not to, discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities. The requirement not to discriminate extends to employment. As a school district serving students in kindergarten through grade 12, the District is not subject to provisions in Title IX Regulations (Subpart C) prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sex in admissions and recruitment. However, the district does not discriminate on the basis of sex in admissions or transfer requests.
- The District has designated and authorized the following employee as the Title IX Coordinator to address concerns or inquiries regarding discrimination on the basis of sex, including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, and gender-based harassment:
Title IX Coordinator: Chris Chappotin
Physical Address: 600 Knox Ave, Boyd, TX 76023
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Number: 940-433-2327
- Any individual may report sex discrimination, including sexual harassment, at any time, including during non-business hours, by mail, phone, or email.
- During district business hours, reports may also be made in person to the Title IX Coordinator or her designee.
To view an electronic copy of the District’s Title IX policies, FFH(LEGAL) and (LOCAL) and DIA(LEGAL) and (LOCAL), please go to: https://pol.tasb.org/Home/Index/1257
- To obtain a copy of the District’s Title IX policies, including the grievance process that complies with 34 C.F.R. § 106.45(b) of the 2020 Title IX Regulations, please contact Chris Chappotin, as noted above.
Upon receiving an allegation of sex-based harassment, the Title IX Coordinator will promptly respond in accordance with board policies FFH and DIA.
- Inquiries about the application of Title IX may be referred to the district’s Title IX Coordinator, to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights of the Department of Education, or both
Title IX Training Materials
All materials used to train Title IX personnel are at this LINK and are also available for inspection upon request by contacting Boyd ISD Administration Building for a public records request.